Friday, April 23, 2010

Long time, no see

OK so to my defense, me not writing since January is NOT MY FAULT.....I have been a very busy girl. First off, a major, major reason why I have not written is FOREVER is because of drumline. Drumline, it seems, has taken over my life (as many can agree due to my constantly sleep deprived face and one of my most common answers is: "can't, drumline"). But alas! Tomorrow is my last competition for drumline winter season '10. Tomorrow is championships! Another reason for my lack of writing before my homework made 5 hours of sleep a luxury, was soccer. There was a lot of soccer in that mix, so it made any pre- February ski trip impossible. So, as you see, it has been quite hard to write on my blog! But to recap..

Lets see, the ski trip was fun (as usual) and our soccer team had a great end of the season, we ended really strong and no one wanted soccer season to end. Then drumline season started. Lets just say that this year's drumline's skill level is a LOT higher than last year's drumline. We've had a pretty good season, with only one bad show, which is good. This Saturday is our championships for ADLA, and our last show of the season. Needless to say, everyone is very, very excited about that part. The last thing really of consequence for me to talk about was my New Orleans trip over spring break. I went to New Orleans with my band and it was extremely fun. I had a spiritual experience at one point that really helped me mixed in with some hard core French doughnuts, extreme late night exercising at the hotel, some flee market action, a cruise and some good old fashion bonding. All in all it was an amazing experience and I couldn't have spent my spring break any other way! Everyone had loads f fun, and no one wanted to leave, our whole group bonding with the most random people (Ex. a guy we saw dancing our first day, and now everyone is friends with him on facebook). Life has been pretty sweet all in all :)

Besides this, not much has happened to me besides the recent resurrection of my "middle-child" sister, Allie. She has finally come home, carrying with her a wake of cravings and a flurry of paper with the purpose of sending her off to her mission, now that they have extended the time to send in a person's mission papers for four months instead of three before that person's birthday. And Allie just had her four-months-until-her-birthday day, so she was running at the speed of sound to get them in, creating excitement every time a phone rang, saying loudly, "IS IT THE BISHOP?!" But alas, they are in now and she is just enjoying her stay here (we are TREMENDOUSLY enjoying it, she is a breath of fresh air).

I cannot believe that I have written this much already! I came into this thinking that there would be nothing to say, but I suppose I was wrong, which isn't a bad thing. Well time for me is a precious commodity and so I must be off! Much homework is to be done before Monday...

No comments: