Monday, August 31, 2009

cast off, Lake Powell, fires

YAY MY CAST IS OFF!!! :D but I have to wear a splint for 3 more weeks because apparently i broke multiple bones, which my other doctor in Utah failed to see, but all is well.. My family recently got back from a mandatory evacuation from the dreaded and highly deadly "station fire". So we packed up in about 2 min after being woken up in the middle of the night, and started the short trek down to Orange County to chill with our Kinnosen cousins until the order was lifted and we got power back in our house...which we now have. Although it looks like the moon over here and it smells extremely strongly of barbecue. School would've started for me today D: but luckily it has been postponed....until tomorrow. But anyway I'm just glad that I get to say that school started in September and finishes two days early.

Anyway, for Lake Powell. Well I can honestly say it was wayy fun :) and that all those wiplash wipeouts i had innertubing was worth it (ahem ahem uncle mark cough cough). This is a pic of when I wiped out, you see the big splash behind jessamyn?? ya, that was me.
But of course, I wasnt the only one to fall, with no help from the submarining tub either..

A look at my charming cousins, they are not without fear either, especially because the longer you stay on, the more likely uncle Mark is to pull a flying stunt when you are pankacked or use his donught of doom or something truely terrifying (especially when you only have one arm)
Here is a grat view of my cast, oh ya, also Chase (phelpsy) who is
Marshall's friend was there
and heres a picture of Chase apout to be flattened by us O.o
And sometimes, Uncle Mark even tries to flip us....
But I think we survived that one
After a long day of hard work (and a very satisfied Uncle Mark) we all hang out on the upper deck, eating, talking, or playing dirty dora (the reason why Allie is cradling cards)

We also went slot canyon exploring, and we had to swim a long way into muck and bark that was an inch thick, and got permenantly into my cast....but this is as far as we could get our cameras
We also of course went wakeboarding, which unfornuatly I was not allowed to do due to the fact that I only had one arm. So I will only put up one or two pics. This one is when my dad wakeboarded, and the houseboat is in the backround (with some scenery)
Also this is Marshall getting really good air
Here is a good pancaking shot by the way Also, whitney and valerie enjoyed party hopping, which looks kinda like this

Another very exciting discovery in Lake powell was of the wildlife, such as the ring tailed cats (cauatis) and bold chipmunks

In case you were wondering about the chimpunk, yes, Marshall and Chase did get the chipmunk, but the chipmunk escaped with a marvelous feat of acrobatics through saran wrap.
All in all, Lake Powell was amazing, and I can't wait to go back

2 comments:

Megan said...

Wow, Caroline! I am glad you got your cast off and that all is well in La Canada. Also, those wipe out pictures rock!

Christopher said...

We need to hear your accounting of your trip to Boston and also what you think of Allie's English Adventures