Tuesday, July 14, 2009

babies, school, family

Hey everyone SO sorry that I haven't written since march, I can hardly believe that I haven't written for so long. A lot has happened since then, such as school being out and having a new nephew to add to the clan. School got out last month, and the reason why I haven't written since then is partly because I was waiting for Quentin to be born, and since then I haven't had a good excuse apart from the fact that I haven't gotten around to it.

My new nephew and Christopher/Megan's new son has been officially named Quentin John Palmer and was born on July 10, 2009. He was 7 pounds and 1 ounce, very healthy and happy. I will not suply pictures because I think that you should go to Christopher and Megan's blog because they will have more pictures than me by far (seeing as I have not met said Quentin yet).

A lot of family business has been going on, apart from the fact that there is a new soul in our family (that, I might add, has yet to have a threat to his life by my dad, who has been known to comment of eating children :) ), our mom is in Boston helping the kid and the family as in with tradition. Meanwhile, or fragment of the family in California has been partying and doing almost everything we couldn't do with mom in the home, including making cookie dough and eating the whole thing raw without making cookies, eating food she would never eat, watching movies she wouldn't watch with us, etc. The watching movies portion includes the fact that we're going as a 'family' to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, something that she would never do, partly because no matter what the time of day is, if there is Quittich, she is sleeping. Before she left though, there was a large number of birthday's in June, which included my mom and dad's, Lauren's (just look on her blog 2 posts old and you'll see), and Megan's. In the end of June, the Merill's (cousin's) came and wrecked the usual cousinly havoc, and before that, the Jacobson's came, which meant much screaming by the youngsters of a particularly mellow Hadley because they were stone frightened of her. A joke that I appreciated that Allie cracked a couple days ago when Samantha said that she had met a dog that was more mellow than Hadley was "whoa was it dead?" A true testament on what we think of our lovely lazy dog/bunny/seal/pig. Well I will write once more in July before I'm off for Utah!

Caroline

1 comment:

Lauren Palmer said...

Jacobsen, Morrell. But you know, they're just your cousins, you don't have to spell their names right. Pictures of Quentin up on the blog.